So the saga continues...although this will be a shorter saga.
Praise Jesus, no more throwing up! That was a huge answered prayer! But the fever continued. I had to give her meds on Sunday, and she was pretty lethargic all morning Sunday, so we stayed home from church. She perked up and played for a while and took a good nap so I took her to my in-laws to stay the night so Tim and I could have a night out and to ourselves.
We called yesterday morning to see how she was doing, a fever again! This time it spiked up to 101.5. It hadn't been like that since Friday night. It was hanging around 99-100 all weekend. They also said she just wasn't acting like she felt good. I decided to call the doctor's office because this is the first time since she was born that she has ever run a fever for this long. They said to bring her in. Well, the last few times I had taken her in with a high fever it was nothing they could do, just a cold. I was afraid that was going to be the case this time, even though she had been running the fever for so long.
Well, the doctor asked us some questions and started to examine her, and when we lifted her shirt to listen to her chest, she had a red rash every where. I told the doctor the rash wasn't there when I got her dressed to bring her the hour prior to us coming. OK, now we're dealing with something.
She checked her throat, really red. So they had to do a strep test. The test came back negative, but the culture was sent out because she said the test can come back negative but the culture (which is more accurate) can come back positive. So we will find out tomorrow if she has strep. In the meantime, if that's not what it is, she has something called Roseola. The rash is what makes her think Roseola rather than strep. She has all the symptoms of Roseola...the rash deal is with this particular viral infection, the child has a fever for 3-5 days then when it finally breaks, they get a rash. The picture in the book matched what Maddie had on her chest and back. I don't think there is anything they can do for it, it just has to run it's course.
Luckily, she isn't contagious anymore...no more fever. That, and if it is Roseola (more than likely that is what it is), it's a childhood infection, so we shouldn't get it anyway. I guess most children from infant to 2 years gets it at some point. Where she would have gotten it, I have no idea, probably from some kid at church. Not too worried about it...but the rash spread to her face this morning and her face is just red and it looks like hurts. I don't think it does, she doesn't act like it does...but she looks like Rudolph!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My niece and nephew both had roseola. I guess it is like the chicken pox, we all get it at some time during our young lives!! You just have to let it run its course. It will be over soon!!
awe! poor thing, tell Maddie that her Auntie Kara and Uncle Josh lover her and want to play soon!
Post a Comment