Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm a Big Girl Now!



I hadn't had a chance to blog about this since we did it so while I sit here and watch, rather listen to Tim play his Xbox, I thought I would take a minute to brag about my daughter!

A few weeks ago I went to a moms to moms sale with Vicki. I was on a mission to find Maddie a big girl bed. She was really starting to get to the point of just not fitting in the crib comfortably so we thought it was time. Well, I was successful! I got a bed with a mattress for $15! Ladies who are pregnant and reading...moms to moms will become a great source deals for you...I promise!

So about 2 weeks ago we transitioned Maddie into the bed. I was really scared as to how this was going to go and I told Tim we needed to switch her knob so we could lock the door from the outside. He kept insisting we didn't. So I gave in and let it be. Well, she came out after her first nap before she was supposed to. I said "here we go...I told you we needed to switch knobs!" Well, we just let her play while we took a little snoozer...she's good like that! OK, so the very next morning, she came into our room to get a toy and it woke me up...I told you!

Well, that was last time we had to get onto her for leaving her room. We use terms with her that I think she really gets. We tell her that she is either making a good choice or a bad choice. We started praising her for being a "big girl and making a good choice." This seemed to take and badda bing...badda boom, she doesn't get out of bed! Except this is what we found the other night...

All in all this has been a very positive experience. She cheers for herself every morning that she made a good choice and stayed in bed...that is what she says every morning and every day after nap! I was so scared and now I am thinking, if transitioning her into her bed went this smoothly, I have hope for potty training...look for those blogs soon!

No comments: