Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Joy's of Being a Mother

Last night when I went in to check on Maddie like I do every night before I go to bed, she popped up and asked if I would rock her. I told her I would since I really didn't say good night before she went to bed. When I picked her up, I could tell immediately she had a fever. I took her into the bathroom and gave her some Ibuprofen and took her into our room and let her lay with me in bed. A few minutes later she asked to go back to bed, I took her and that was that.

At about 1:30 Tim woke me up holding her saying she had woken up crying for us so he brought her into me because she was asking for me. He wasn't feeling good, headache and felt like he was going to throw up so he went back down stairs. She fell back asleep with me in our bed and about 2o minutes later I took her back and put her in bed.

At about 3:00 I heard her crying again. You have to understand it's been since probably August since we've heard her cry out in the middle of the night...it's been a good while! So I went in and she asked to come sleep with me. So, figuring this is the first time that has ever happened, it's 3:00 AM and she isn't feeling that great, I would let her. She slept with us till about 6:00 when I opened my eyes to check on her and she was looking at me wide eyed..."hi momma" is what I woke up to! Needless to say, at that point I moved her back into her bed and she went back to sleep.

Today, she ran a slight fever on and off and played and ate great. I thought maybe this was just random, and my mom had told me one time that when my youngest brother got overly tired he ran a fever. So I figured it was nothing.

Fast forward to tonight. I took her to church because she had had a good nap and wasn't feverish again and thought things would be good. So we went to dinner after church with my parents and she started getting really lethargic. She also started feeling feverish again. I thought, OK, we just need to eat and get home. Well, while we were getting our food I feel and hear the sound of what could be puking coming on. I whip her up off my shoulder just as she proceeds to throw up on herself and me at the dinner table. What scared the crap out of me was that it was all red...I thought why blood and was about to freak out when I remembered she had just downed a glass of fruit punch. Lovely still, I was worried it was going to stain! I ran her to the bathroom in case there was more (there wasn't) and started wiping her and I down. Poor baby fell asleep in my arms after that.

I didn't get to eat my food (had to wait till I got home and she was in bed), I now had puke all over me (on one of my favorite sweatshirts...and it's fruit punch!) and I was praying to God she wouldn't do it on the way home! It's all the joys of being a mother!

She's in bed now...trash bags on the floor next to her bed, a towel covering her pillow and sheets and a glass of water ready to wash down the "uckies" as she kept putting it every time...oh yes she threw up again when we got home...this time on Tim...she threw up. I won't sleep well tonight because I will get up every hour to check on her to make sure she is not sleeping in her puke. Let's pray she doesn't throw up again! Oh, and the fruit punch came out of every one's clothing.

No comments: