Friday, October 26, 2007

I'll Error on the Side of Caution

I don't know if this is completely true, can't find anything about it on Snopes but if it's true...I totally won't be supporting it!

Something worth knowing about. . .this movie is being highly touted and "sold" really hard to the retailers. The retailers are looking forward to huge Christmas sales from this.

You may already know about this, but I just learned about a kids movie coming out in December starring Nicole Kidman. I believe it's called The Golden Compass, and while it will be a watered down version, it is based on a series of children's books about killing God (It is the anti-Narnia). Please follow this link, and then pass it on. From what I understand, the hope is to get a lot of kids to see the movie - which won't seem too bad - and then get the parents to buy the books for their kids for
Christmas. The quotes from the author sum it all up. I'm going to tell everyone about this movie. I hope it totally bombs because we were all paying attention!

http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp compass.asp> (SO I GUESS THERE WAS SOMETHING ON SNOPES, I JUST DIDN'T LOOK IN THE RIGHT PLACE!)

So many things look so innocent, but the deeper meaning threatens our traditional core values. Something to watch for when it comes out. Better to be informed than to just go along with the
crowd. http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/blog/us/

I am not trying to offend anyone who might like these books...but I obviously don't like things talking about killing God!

No comments: