Thursday, November 1, 2007

Yay for Halloween!



We took Maddie out last night. Her first Halloween she was 6 weeks and we dressed her up in a bunting costume as a sweet pea and just sat out on the porch at my parents house and passed out candy. Last year, I just dressed her up in her U of M cheerleader outfit. Tim couldn't go with us last year but I had Jason and Michelle Steckel to help. At that point she was 13 months old and in and out of the stroller. This year, she could walk and talk and Tim was there and it was perfect!

Maddie went as Daddy's Little Angel. My mother-in-law started making the costume to be used as a play costume and I thought it was adorable! So I asked her to get it finished for Halloween because that's what I wanted her to wear. I didn't have to buy a thing! She did a great job I think!

Maddie did great! Especially considering she only had an hour nap for the day...an hour compared to her 3 that she usually has! Anyway, we had been working with her for a while on saying "Trick-or-treat." She said it at EVERY house. She started getting into saying "Trick-or-treat please. Thank you, bye" and would wave as she walked away. She cleaned up pretty well doing that! I was proud of how she did! So looking forward to next year! Yes, we are those parents that take their small children out even though they can't eat the candy because that means WE get to eat the candy! Although, most of Maddie's candy is getting donated to the tech team, we don't need it...but it was fun to go! Here's some more pictures...







3 comments:

Burcham Family said...

Super cute costume!

Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

Yeah! Pictures! Maddie looks adorable. It was a perfect night for Halloween!

Kara Graves said...

the pigtails are my favorite...what a sweetheart!