Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Please Pray...

I have a prayer request if you may...

The fires in California have been on my mind day in and day out but haven't seemed to worry me too much. I have been praying for those poor people who have lost everything and have to start from new. It's horrible. Even more, it's horrible to even think (apparently in the news in the last couple of days) that someone would do this on purpose. But now, my mind has turned to worrying about a family that I wasn't so worried about before...

My aunt and uncle moved out to Coto De Caza CA in March for my uncle's job. Now, I know some of you haven't heard of that but it's an hour south of L.A. right around the Irvine area. In fact, they are close enough to attend the Saddleback church (home of Rick Warren...Purpose Drive Life author). We received an e-mail a few days ago telling our family they were fine. They weren't in any danger, although the Irvine/Santiago/Orange County fires were 3 miles from Saddleback. So, I didn't worry. Today we received an e-mail saying that they were a little more worried now and asked that we pray. They can see the glow of the San Diego fires over the hills of their home. They can also see the glow of the Irvine/Santiago/Orange County fires on the other side of them. As they put it, they are surrounded by a ring of fire. The worry is not for the later, but for the San Diego fires. My uncle said the odds are workingin their favor in the case of the Irvine/Santiago/Orange County fires. Wind direction, number of houses in between them and all around weather conditions. The San Diego fires he said are troublesome because there is only brush in between them and the oncoming fires.

They still don't think they will have to evacuate, but they are more worried now. They said they have a plan and their memory boxes and important things packed and ready if the need should arrise. They have 3 small children. One who is only 4 months old. Just please pray for Mark, Ellie, Riley, Mason and Connor Harvill. I will keep you all updated as I know more! Thanks!

2 comments:

Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

I will be praying! It is so crazy how much the fire has spread. I can't imagine being able to see fire from all views of your house!

On a side note...is Coto where the show "The Real Desperate Housewives" takes place? That should make for some good drama.

Burcham Family said...

Gosh! That is scary. I'll be praying for safety and protection.

On another note, just read your blog about Maddie and being sick. Brooke got the same thing last year. It's so sad to see your baby so lathargic and sick! Glad she's doing better :)