It's been a while since I've written anything so I thought I would do a quick update...then make the New Year's resolution to actually blog more!
We'll start with the obvious...Christmas. It was good, very VERY busy but good. We tried to take Maddie to see Santa and that didn't work, at all! She screamed and had a death grip on my coat. She kept screaming "no thank you, no thank you mommy!" So needless to say, no picture with Santa this year. She was all about him bringing her presents though. She knew she wanted to ask him for a bed for her baby Abbie and cake. Yes, you read that right...cake! Well, she got some cookies from him and that was her favorite present all morning! She ate 4 of them! She was also all about leaving Santa cookies and milk and the reindeer an apple. The first thing she asked about when she woke up Christmas morning was "Santa eat cookies? Drink milk?" She was a little sad when she came down and they were gone...she wanted to eat them. She had started eating them as we were setting them out...along with the apple. So to her dismay (till she realized Santa brought some for her), the cookies and apple were "gone".
She was excited to find her bed for her baby, along with a swing, car seat, highchair and a book. Mommy and daddy got her a few little things and she was happy!
Our busy was the 12 services that Tim and I worked at church. They were amazing and we love doing it...it's just very tiring. I know the RCC team that did "Imagine Christmas" knows what I am talking about! This year we did a service entitled "Christmas Has A Face". Basically, we asked people to decide how much they spend every year on Christmas, pray a dangerous prayer to ask God what He'd have them do with their Christmas money and then listen to what God tells you. Basically, we were trying to get people to consider our mission work and raise money to save lives instead of buying aunt Susie something she would probably never use. As a result, as of right now (we'll get a final number here in a week or so) we have raised a little over $800,000.00! I don't say that to toot our horn, but I was moved to tears every time I saw that number, and honestly, if felt really good to have less under the tree and know that I was helping a child/children or families in Kenya, India and down in the Brightmoor region of Detroit. It's just amazing to me how many people listened when God spoke!
The last week or so has pretty well been a relaxing, not do much type of week. The two days after Christmas we holed up at home and did nothing. We needed the break. The Friday after Christmas we did Christmas with Tim's family where Maddie received her favorite Christmas present of the year (and the only one she really plays with at this point), her kitchen! Complete with dishes and food and stuff to "wash" her dishes and a mixer and phone and everything you could think of, she got it to go with her kitchen! It's amazing! It's hours of endless play for her! It's kinda nice to not have to worry about what she's doing...I know where she's at!
We stayed home for New Year's. We just wanted to relax and enjoy the eve by ourselves. It was nice. We put Maddie to bed and watched a movie, then kissed at midnight. Especially with the roads being the way they were going to be, staying home was nice! This morning we bundled Maddie up and took her out to play in the fresh foot of snow we got! She loved it! She doesn't like sitting in it, or laying in it, but she likes to throw it up, eat it and blow it out of her hands!
Hope everyone has a great New Year! I promise to write more!
No comments:
Post a Comment